- We believe in one only true and living God, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, Three-In-One.
- We believe the Scriptures of the old and the new Testaments are the Word of God and the true rule of faith and practice.
- We believe the doctrine of election and that God chose his people in Christ before the foundation of the world through sanctification of the Spirit and believe in the truth.
- We believe in the doctrine of original sin.
- We believe in man’s inability to recover himself from the fallen state he is in by nature of his own ability.
- We believe that sinners are justified in the sight of God only by the merits of Jesus Christ by imputation.
- We believe that the saints shall persevere in grace and not finally fall away.
- We believe in the resurrection of the dead and a judgement.
- We believe that the joys of the righteous and the punishment of the wicked will be eternal.
- We believe that no minister has a right to the administration of the ordinances except he has been called of God and regularly baptized and approved by the church and come under the imposition of hands by a presbytery.
- We believe that none but regular Baptist believers have the right of communion at the Lord’s Supper.
Let all things be done decently and in order.
There shall be a regular conference in each month which shall be opened and closed with prayer or singing.
The pastor shall be moderator when present. In case of absence the church shall appoint one.
The pastor and clerk shall be elected by ballot by a majority of the members present.
1. Invite visiting brothers and sisters to seats with us in conference.
2. Open the doors of the church for membership.
3. Call for the peace of the church.
4. Call for references.
6. General business
A motion made with a second shall be disposed of before another is taken up or withdrawn by the one that made it.
All members wishing to speak shall rise from their seats and address the moderator and shall not be interrupted unless they depart from the subject or use unChristian language. In such case they shall be called to order by the leader.
No member shall speak more than three times on any one subject without leave from the moderator or more than fifteen minutes at any one time.
The appellation of “brother” shall be used in our address one to another.
All free male members missing three regular conferences shall be sent for by the church.
There shall be no abrupt conduct in time of conference; neither shall any member withdraw himself without leave of the moderator.
If a member has his feelings hurt with any other they shall proceed as laid down in 18th chapter of Matthew.
The moderator shall be determined as judge of order and have the right to speak in any matter in debate but shall not vote unless in case of a tie.
The church shall have two or more deacons and it shall be their duty to look after the interest of the church.
Any member hearing an unfavorable report against another, it shall be their duty to bring it to the church.
Any male member committing a public or general offense, it shall be their duty to come forward at least the second conference and give satisfaction.
It shall be the duty of the church to keep a fair record of all her acts and sign her orders.
All decisions shall be by a majority present except that of fellowship which shall be unanimous.
All delegated power shall be by ballot. The foregoing rules may be altered or amended by two thirds majority voting in favor of it.
CONDITIONS FOR EXCLUSION FROM THE CHURCH: dancing, drinking, profanity, unChristian, conduct, departing from the faith, card playing, and similar offenses
Existing minutes of the church begin May 22, 1898 and end September 6, 1914. The last clerk was R. A. Thompson and the last moderator was W. E. Holley.
PASTORS OF THE SHOAL CREEK BAPTIST CHURCH NAMED IN THE MINUTES 1898-1914
(Names are not listed in the order they served; some served more than once)
Robert McDough Cheatwood
W. J. Newborn
S. J. (G?) Cross
F. M. Coleman
J. R. Bannister
B. A. Cheatwood
F. E. Hubbard
W. H. Wells
P. F. Pritchett (Prichard?)
W. W. McElroy
J. W. Walker
W. E. Garner
W. A White – seems to have been the last pastor in the minutes.