Since the ending of the formal church membership, the care of the old log church building and the graveyard has been done on a very informal basis. The cemetery care was usually done once per year, either in the late spring or early fall by those having relatives buried there, and in recent years by others interested in maintaining this historic site. On the Saturday before Labor Day a group of people have gathered to clean the church and cemetery.
Upkeep and maintenance had been sporadic at best until recent years. In about 1938 careless campers started a fire on the floor which burned a large hole. Perhaps in the early 1940’s a new floor was placed by Jasper Harper of White Plains. Mr. Harper is also reported to have replaced the gable siding and the roof about 1952. The covered dinner table was built most likely in the 1960’s. Self-appointed “trustees” continued to do overall repairs to the church in more recent years. This included Charles Roach, Newman Roach, J. E. (Eston) Holley, Sherman Holley, Jess Butler, Alvin Jack Roach, W. E. Holley and William Lee Jones.